After Sales Manager
Job Title: After Sales Manager
Reports To: Operations Director
Hours/Days/Status: 0800-1700 hours, 40hpw (hours in excess of those contracted may be required to fulfil the duties), Monday-Friday, Permanent, Full Time
Job Summary: Manage the service department, including customer and dealership service interactions and repairs.
Provide the highest level of customer service with a sales-minded attitude and develop lasting customer relationships.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Train, motivate and lead after-sales teams to achieve set objectives and targets to drive the business forwards.
- Ensure adequate spare parts stocking levels for dealers, distributors and internally.
- Develop working knowledge of industry standards and practices including product details and company services offered.
- Ensure administrative tasks are completed correctly and promptly.
- Improve service methods to increase productivity and customer service.
- Regularly audit work carried out and customer service levels to ensure all standards are met and repair work is carried out effectively and correctly.
- Obtain customer feedback regarding product/service quality/improvements.
- Assist customers in resolving issues and complaints concerning purchased products or services.
- Build and establish good working relationship with customers to facilitate increased patronage and revenue.
- Monitor contract details to notify clients of pending expiration and help process renewal.
- Supervise the operations of after-sales teams to ensure set targets are met.
- Develop and implement strategies effective for ensuring a satisfied clientele and increased returns.
- Align the team with the goals of the company business plan.
- Take control of warranty, customer return, supplier return process.
- Create and implement new systems and procedures to streamline.
- Direct and coordinate the customer service operation of the team to ensure clients are tended appropriately in line with set customer service standards.
- Develop and optimise support and service processes, tools, and systems.
- Oversee all post-sales services provided to clients to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of job operations by conducting research.
- Provide periodic reports to management on all after-sales activities.
- Ensure compliance with all general and company policies when carrying out job duties.
- Participate in Management Meetings.
Health & Safety
- Strict adherence to the company’s health and safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Recognise and assess potential risks throughout each day and update line manager.
Essential candidate requirements
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in an after-sales role.
- Proven management experience – setting objectives, monitoring performance, motivating team.
- Ability to build and manage customer relationships.
- Strong communication skills.
- An experienced self-starter with the ability to develop and implement solutions necessary to ensure increased customer satisfaction.
- Proven experience in documenting standard operating procedures and manuals with a view to continuous improvement.
- Ability to build a power point presentation and deliver a high spec training programme.
- Ability to travel worldwide to support the export business.
- Agricultural manufacturer service background.
Desired candidate requirements
- A degree in engineering, business administration, economics or any other related business discipline.
- Available immediately.
- Export trade knowledge.
- Manufacturing background.
- A genuine interest in agriculture and supporting knowledge.
We are looking to appoint the successful candidate as soon as possible, therefore, if you are interested please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org