Agricultural Drafts Person and Compliance Co-ordinator
Reports To: Operations Director
Hours/Days/Status: 0800-1700 hours, 40hpw, Monday-Friday, Permanent Full Time
Job Summary: Production of detailed machinery drawings and interaction with the sales and production team. Travel in the UK and abroad if required with regular communication with overseas offices. Ownership of homologation requirements.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
* Generate models and detailed drawings for production (using Solidworks), making sure quality and safety standards are met.
* Create accurate documentation of projects, project filing and create relevant parts & machine manuals.
* Ensure any agreed changes are made accurately.
* Implement, update and maintain accurate records of parts, assemblies and machines.
* Develop detailed design drawings and specifications for agricultural machinery using Solid Works, Indesign, Illustrator and MS Office.
* Modify and revise designs to correct operating deficiencies to minimise production problems.
* Position instructions and comments onto drawings.
* Review and analyse specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data to assess factors affecting designs and the procedures and instructions to be followed.
* Lay out and draw schematic, orthographc or angle views to depict functional relationships of components, assemblies, systems and machines.
* Coordinate with and consult other workers to design, lay out or detail components and systems and resolve design or other problems.
* Compute mathematical formulas to develop and design detailed specifications for components or machinery using CAD.
* Interact with sales teams and production on product design, requirement and build plan.
* Undertake all aspects of homologation testing and approval across Europe.
* Ensure Legal conformity of concepts, drawings and other legally relevant documentation in the UK and overseas.
* Promote compliance at all times.
* Prevent compliance issues – reviewing design data; identifying and resolving product and engineering design issues; identifying short-term and long-range issues; researching and identifying applicable regulatory and industry compliance standards and codes – developing compliance policies.
* Develop compliance plans by researching, analysing, selecting and applying compliance engineering concepts, approaches, techniques and criteria; adapting and modifying compliance engineering options; developing and evaluating new compliance methodologies.
* Attain compliance by isolating and resolving non-compliance issues; recommending product and process changes; initiating engineering change orders.
* Document compliance by completing approval applications; recording test results; preparing investigative reports; preparing and filing declarations of conformity maintaining compliance database.
* Prepare compliance reports by collecting, analysing and summarising measurement data and trends.
* Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging compliance engineering practices and standards, participating in educational opportunities and professional organisations, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks.
* Undertake any other reasonable duty or task within your capability which the Company deems appropriate and suitable.
* Liaise with work colleagues, as required.
* Participate in internal/external meetings, as and when requested.
* Identify and meet personal job-related training and development, as required.
* Provide assistance in terms of general and specific business support, as and when required.
* Hours in excess of those contracted may be required from time to time to meet production targets.
Knowledge and Expertise
* Highly computer literate.
* At least 2 years' experience in a similar role.
* Good experience in using SolidWorks 3D CAD.
* Good knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator and MS Office Suite.
* Ability to produce technical reports.
* Experience of quality management systems.
* Highly experienced in mechanical design, concept generation, project planning and management and taking products from concept to production.
* Knowledge of compliance of machinery in Europe and internationally (or be willing to learn).
* Able to travel and able to communicate with overseas offices.
* Effective team worker, equally able to work on own initiative.
* Excellent presentation / communication skills.
* Highly self-motivated/self-starter/resilient.
* Attention to detail.
* Ability to confidently deal with people at all levels.
* A technical or engineering degree or similar.
* To regularly review performance and develop reports in line with 1:2:1 processes.
* Excellent leadership skills.
* Ability to lead and motivate teams.
* Ability to manage employees on a day to day basis.
* Ability to manage performance of reports.
* Ability to conduct performance reviews.
* Provide status reports of team activities.
We are looking to appoint the successful candidate as soon as possible, therefore, if you are interested please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org