Product/Industrial Design Engineer
Job Title: Product / Industrial Design Engineer
Reports To: Engineering Manager
Hours/Days/Status: 0800-1700 hours, 40hpw, Monday-Friday, Permanent, Full Time
Job Summary: You will be involved in all aspects of the design and development process from research + design to manuals + parts books. You will have working experience in Solidworks, SolidWorks Simulation and Visualise, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop with knowledge of Google Sheets, MS Excel and Solidworks PDM. Solidworks Composer is also desirable. If you are an energetic, self-motivated individual and would like to be considered for this role please send in a covering letter and your CV to email@example.com by closing date of Friday 13th March 2020.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Responsible for ensuring all 3D models and technical drawings are correct and to a high standard.
- Creating decals for machines.
- Creating technical diagrams to be used for production and service.
- Liaison with the Production team.
- Modelling and drafting all new designs.
- Creating and updating operator and parts manuals for current machine range.
- Binding all operator and parts manuals in preparation for sending out to customers.
- Creating diagrams for service and sales.
- Running FEA simulations on new and existing parts.
- Creating renders of new and existing machines for sales and service.
- Ensure technical drawings are completed to correct standards.
- Ensure machines are built to Machinery Directive (2006/42/EC).
Daily Software Use
- 3D Modelling
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Data Storage & Management
- Google Sheets
- Solidworks Simulation
- MS Excel
- Solidworks Visualize
- Solidworks PDM
Health & Safety
- Strict adherence to the company’s health and safety policies and procedures at all times including compulsory usage of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Report any incidents, including near misses, to the Production Manager and complete relevant supporting forms.
- Utilise training, skills and knowledge to recognise and assess potential risks throughout each day.
- Undertake any other reasonable duty or task within your capability which the Company deems appropriate and suitable.
- Liaise with work colleagues, as required.
- Participate in internal/external meetings, as and when requested.
- Identify and meet personal job-related training and development as required.
- Undertake telephone liaison with relevant contacts.
- Provide assistance in terms of general and specific business support, as and when required.
- Travel as and when required.
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Illustrator
- Solidworks Composer