Job Title: Painter
Reports To: Production Manager
Hours/Days/Status: 0800–1700 Hours, 40 hpw, Monday – Friday
Permanent, Full Time
Job Summary: Manage, in conjunction with the company’s Shot Blaster and FLT Driver, throughput ensuring a high quality finish is maintained on all company products.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Manage throughput of two spray/bake ovens.
- Hang shot blasted product parts on racks in preparation for painting.
- Mix paint for the day’s schedule (paint has an 8-12 hour pot life).
- Using an electrostatic spray gun, apply the paint to a high standard, avoiding runs.
- Paint one booth’s parts, switch oven on before moving on to second booth. Repeat process.
- Load the racks in readiness for the next phase of painting.
- Both booths should be left with top coated parts to ensure they are sufficiently cured in time for the next day.
- Clean all spray painting equipment at the end of each day.
- Change filters as and when necessary.
- Change wall liners, as and when necessary, ensuring the production schedule is not disrupted.
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of the painting equipment.
Health & Safety
- Ensure the spray painting area is maintained in a clean and tidy manner at all times.
- Clean out paint dust, as and when required.
- Ensure paint dust is placed in the industrial green bin on the day of collection to avoid combustion.
- Empty paint tins should be crushed and put into scrap trailer.
- Strict adherence to the company’s health and safety policies and procedures at all times including compulsory usage of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Report any incidents, including near misses, to the Production Manager and complete relevant supporting forms.
- Utilise training, skills and knowledge to recognise and assess potential risks throughout each day.
- Help to ensure all working environments are safe and secure at all times.
- Undertake any other reasonable duty or task within your capability which the Company deems appropriate and suitable.
- Liaise with work colleagues, as required.
- Identify and meet personal job-related training and development, as required.
- Provide assistance in terms of general and specific business support, as and when required.
- Hours in excess of those contracted may be required from time to time to meet production targets.
Apply in writing with covering letter and CV to: