TERRITORY MANAGER - NORTHERN UK
Territory Manager – Northern UK - (Territories North of the River Humber to the top of Scotland)
Reports to : UK Sales Manager
Hours/Days/Status: 0800-1700 hours, 40hpw, Monday-Friday
Permanent, Full Time
The promotion of the company, within the designated geographic area, to achieve personal sales targets in accordance with the company’s strategic plan.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Responsible for delivering forecasted sales of Claydon Seed Drills and other associated machinery in line with the set KPI’s through established dealership networks. In the event that no dealerships have been appointed in that territory, contact the UK Sales Manager to agree how the issue should be dealt with.
- Support and development of existing dealerships and regular monitoring to ensure agreed sales targets are met.
- Drive the installation of dealer development action plans to support development of the dealer network and increase territory
- Provide a management, advisory and consultancy service to the dealer network in all areas of sales by defining, communicating and installing effective sales plans.
- The provision of product training, as required, for new and established Claydon dealerships.
- The development of the Claydon dealership network in the northern territory as defined above, in accordance with the company’s strategic objectives.
- The identification of new prospect dealerships within the above territory, in accordance with the company’s growth strategy.
- Plan and co-ordinate demonstration programs with existing dealerships. In the event that no dealerships have been appointed, contact the UK Sales Manager to agree how the issue should be dealt with.
- Regular attendance of sales meetings, either on-site at Wickhambrook or via Skype and provide updated reports on sales achieved, potential sales etc.
- Monitor competitor activity and ensure regular updates are provided to the UK Sales Manager and/or Commercial Director.
After Sales Support
- The provision of a full set up and installation of new machinery to new and/or existing customers.
- Facilitate regular meetings with Dealer Parts ensuring first class service is maintained to the dealers and end users.
- Manage and maintain up to date and accurate records using the company’s CRM system, Salesforce, and any other systems, as required.
- Follow up all leads on Salesforce Opportunities Pipeline and ensure the system is updated as soon as convenient.
- Develop and maintain full knowledge of all company products.
- Develop and improve knowledge for all market sectors.
Trade Shows/Exhibitions/Site Visits
- Assist in the planning of UK shows, as required.
- Attend all promotional events, as required, and network to identify new prospects.
- Hosting visitors, national and international, at the Claydon Farm site for crop tours, factory tours, presentations, Open Day and other promotional events etc.
Health & Safety
- Strict adherence to the company’s health and safety policies and procedures at all times including compulsory usage of personal protective equipment (PPE), where required.
- Observance and compliance with the Lone Worker’s Policy.
- Undertake any other reasonable duty or task within your capability which the Company deems appropriate and suitable.
- The provision of cover, when required, for members of the sales team.
- Liaise with work colleagues, as required.
- Participate in internal/external meetings, as and when requested.
- Identify and meet personal job-related training and development, as required.
- Provide assistance in terms of general and specific business support, as and when required.
- Hours in excess of those contracted may be required from time to time to meet personal and company sales targets.
- Proven Sales Territory Management experience 5+ years
- Evidence of management of brand growth
- Time management and Territory Management skills
- Extensive knowledge of the agricultural industry
- Knowledge of dealer cashflow and profitability within dealer environment
- Ability to constantly update knowledge of agri-business requirements
- Able to contingency plan, problem solve and implement changes
- Graduate level
- Business understanding of the dealer environment
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Good knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint.
- Commercial awareness
Apply in writing with covering letter and CV to: