Job Title: Welder
Reports To: Production Manager
Hours/Days/Status: 0800 -1700 hours, 40 hpw, Monday – Friday, permanent, full-time
Job Summary: Provide a professional and efficient welding service to ensure the company’s quality standards are maintained at all times.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Receive work orders from the Weld/Paint Team Leader and complete each order in a timely manner.
- Jig and weld the components into weld assemblies to a high standard ie. burr-free, neat welding with good penetration, in line with the engineering drawings.
- Safely operate workshop equipment ie. band saws, mills, lathes, drills, break presses, punching machines, welders, plasma cutters, guillotines etc. to make the required components.
- Blow out welders each month.
- Ensure workshop equipment is well maintained.
- Clean down workshop equipment after use ie. brush out swarf from mills, lathes and drills.
- Carry out repairs/maintenance on machinery off site, as and when required.
Health & Safety
- Maintain the workshop in a clean and tidy condition to ensure a safe and secure working environment.
- Strict adherence to the company’s health and safety policies and procedures at all times including compulsory usage of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Report any incidents, including near misses, to the Production Manager and complete relevant supporting forms.
- Utilise training, skills and knowledge to recognise and assess potential risks throughout each day.
- Undertake any other reasonable duty or task within your capability which the Company deems appropriate and suitable.
- Ensure workshop consumables stocks are maintained at the appropriate levels.
- Liaise with work colleagues, as required.
- Participate in internal/external meetings, as and when requested.
- Identify and meet personal job-related training and development as required.
- Hours in excess of those contracted may be required from time to time to meet production targets.
Apply in writing with covering letter and CV to: