Job Title: Yards Person
Reports To: Production Manager
Hours/Days/Status: 0800-1700 hours, 40hpw, Monday-Friday, Permanent, Full Time
Job Summary: Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working environment, supporting colleagues as and when necessary and using the telescopic truck to move parts around site.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Provide cover for the shot blaster as and when required.
- Hang and prepare components ready for painting.
- Transport parts to other departments in a timely manner.
- Operation of telescopic forklift truck.
- Ensure quality standards are maintained.
- Safely operate and maintain vehicles and equipment.
- Report problems/potential problems to the Manager.
Health & Safety
- Maintain the workshop in a clean and tidy condition to ensure a safe and secure working environment.
- Strict adherence to the company’s health and safety policies and procedures at all times including compulsory usage of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Report any incidents, including near misses, to the Production Manager and complete relevant supporting forms.
- Utilise training, skills and knowledge to recognise and assess potential risks throughout each day.
- Undertake any other reasonable duty or task within your capability which the Company deems appropriate and suitable.
- Liaise with work colleagues, as required.
- Participate in internal/external meetings, as and when requested.
- Identify and meet personal job-related training and development, as required.
- Provide assistance in terms of general and specific business support, as and when required.
- Hours in excess of those contracted may be required from time to time to meet production targets.
- Telescopic Truck Licence
- Good communicator
- Able to follow instructions
- Attention to detail
Hourly rate - £8.00 to £9.00 depending on experience
To apply – please send your cv with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.